The purpose of this blog is to know and understand the teacher's perspective concerning current issues on education reform and the teaching profession. Inputs from the ones who probably knows what is best for students academically -- the teachers -- are rarely considered in decision making of policies. Yet, these so-called education experts and lawmakers dictate how we do our jobs and what we should teach. That's not right!



Sunday, August 29, 2010

FYI...Wordle




Last semester in one of my graduate courses, one of my classmates shared with me this interactive site in which you can creatively combined a list of words into a cute work of art called a Wordle. I decided to use the latest content of this blog to create my first wordle. In my (and any) wordle, the words that were used most often are larger than those that weren't. You can edit it in various ways. While the HTML codes cannot be shared (see FAQs), the website refers users to an external link for instructions to save your wordle as a graphic.

Teachers, this is a great tool to use to review vocabulary and such, instead of creating that boring, dreaded word wall. From time to time, I will post new wordles as I expand the content of my blog. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment