The purpose of this blog is to know and understand the teacher's perspective concerning current issues on education reform and the teaching profession. Inputs from the ones who probably knows what is best for students academically -- the teachers -- are rarely considered in decision making of policies. Yet, these so-called education experts and lawmakers dictate how we do our jobs and what we should teach. That's not right!



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ground rules


As I am pursuing a career change and looking for work, this blog will become my part-time hobby. While my intentions are not centered in making money, perhaps this endeavor of mine can help my personal finances. So, please spread the word about my blog if you like what you see and see potential in my voice. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

While this blog will be opened to everyone, in an effort to keep it partially professional and partially informal, I feel compel to state some simple ground rules. Hopefully, my followers are 21+ in age; I am not trying to be your mother. Nevertheless, the rules of engagement will be strictly enforced.

So here they are:
  • This blog is geared toward K-12 teachers and our supporters to discuss and debate current issues on education reform and the teaching profession. Any other unrelated topic of discussion is strictly prohibited
  • We can agree to disagree. As long as it is constructive criticism and respectfully done, bring it. However, any personal or offensive attacks toward me and others are strictly prohibited.
  • Spam and such are strictly prohibited.
  • If you know me personally, I asked that you do not post my actual name; please respect my wishes.
Any comment poster who violates any of these rules will have his/her comment(s) deleted and/or will lose posting privileges on my blog. My decisions will be done case-by-case. I respect the First Amendment and encourage you all to use it; just respect my parameters and we will have no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment